Business Improvement Professional
Chris is one of Australia’s foremost experts in the application of lean principles. With more than 20 years experience in the practical on-site implementation of quality and Lean 6 Sigma methods, he works with businesses and processes in any industry including manufacturing, production, service as well as public sector functions.
He has significant general management experience, including multi-million dollar P&L responsibility and operational, sales and customer service accountability, giving him excellent insights into the supporting management and leadership aspects of implementing lean transformation projects.
With a background in science and engineering, Chris has broad technical skills and has worked with clients from many sectors, including government, manufacturing, defence, mining and metals, water/waste, power generation, healthcare, education, research & development, biotechnology, food production and agriculture.
He has worked in Europe, North and Central America, the Middle East and throughout the Asia / Pacific region.
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Applied Physics)
- Full Member, Australian Institute of Management
Since 2006, Chris has been focused his energies on training and consulting in lean process improvement methods across all sectors of business. He also develops and facilitates training workshops and leads major lean process improvement projects for clients on-site.
Recent activities include:
- Three major improvement projects for the Australian Taxation Office: (a) Increasing throughput in Firmer Action (Sydney) - awarded Prestigious Business Line Award (2011); (b) Team Leader Role Review– CAS Outbound (Adelaide); (c) Review of compromised TFN procedures (Dandenong)
- Customer Service Process Improvement - Parsons Brinkerhoff Client Services
- Process Improvement Tools Workshop Development - Australian Taxation Office (Team Leader Academy)
- Fast Changeover Workshops - Sigma Pharmaceuticals
- Visual Workplace Management - Knorr-Bremse-Clyde and Sunshine
- Visual Workplace Management – Megara
- Providing lean & 5S training and coaching services - Downer EDI Rail
Expertise and Primary Focus:
- Lean Implementation
- Lean Education (5S Visual Workplace Management, Quick Changeover, Process and Value Stream Mapping, Lean Principles and Application)
- Lean Project Facilitation and Coaching